Craft Compelling Proposals to Foundations
February 13 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
How to Craft Compelling Proposals to a Foundation
Grant writing is both an art and a science, and the single skill most sought-after by savvy nonprofit managers. More than ever, organizations need the skills to research grant funding and draft high quality proposals.
While writing a grant proposal can be simple and follows a basic formula, it could also be your only chance to put your funding proposal in front of a foundation. This training is designed as an introduction to the grant proposal writing process for beginning and intermediate grant writers.
In this 3-hour training participants will learn:
• The basic components of any grant proposal package
• The core elements common to every grant proposal narrative
• How to create a simple accompanying grant proposal budget
• How to let your funder take the lead in initial approach
• Important tips on writing the need statement, completing an online application, and submission techniques aimed at getting your proposal noticed
Judith Margolin, is an independent consultant and workshop leader on foundations and grants. She served as Vice President for Planning and Evaluation at the Foundation Center, the nation’s leading authority on philanthropy, has devoted her career to philanthropy, and is dedicated to helping nonprofit organizations secure the funding they require to fulfill their valuable missions. She also leads webinars for GrantStation to a nationwide audience, and facilitates board retreats for nonprofits seeking to further engage their board members in fundraising.