Finding Your Inner Lobbyist (Rocky Hill)
January 24 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Finding Your Inner Lobbyist: What You need to Be an Effective Nonprofit Advocate
The 2018 Legislative Session begins in February. Are you prepared to advocate for the nonprofit services that are important to you? Join us for an interactive program detailing the ins and outs of the legislative process. This training will help you build the skills necessary to be a highly effective advocate and present strategies to increase your comfort and confidence when advocating for the issues you care about.
Participants will learn:
1. Creative and effective ways to develop and successfully deliver your message to elected officials
2. An overview of the State budget process and how you can influence it
3. An in-depth look at how a bill really becomes a law in Connecticut
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to take a more active role in advocacy and those who would like a refresher course.
Training Objectives & Outcomes
· An in-depth view of the legislative process
· An overview of how the State budget is created and how to influence the process
· Developing and delivering your most effective message
· Creative strategies for successful advocacy
· How to effectively communicate with your legislators
· Delivery of testimony, and more
· Spencer Cain, Cain Associates
· Brunilda Ferraj, Senior Public Policy Specialist, The Alliance
· Patty McQueen, Communication Strategies (tentative)
· Ben Shaiken, Senior Public Policy Specialist, The Alliance
· Melanie Berzins, Public Policy Intern, The Alliance