ConnectiCorps is an AmeriCorps program that provides a new and creative approach to responding to the effects of COVID-19 in Connecticut’s nonprofits and communities. We seek to place civic-minded, passionate leaders at those nonprofits which have been adversely impacted by COVID-19 and provide critical services in the areas of food security, anti-poverty services, and/or housing.
Members who successfully complete 1,200 hours in their service term will receive (approximately) a $14,400 stiped and a $4,300 Segal Education Award Grant. Members who successfully complete 900 hours in their service term will receive (approximately) a $10,800 stipend and a $3,000 Segal Education Award Grant.
Serve as a Member
Serving as a Member can be a meaningful opportunity for recent graduates, people taking a gap year, young professionals or people looking make an impact within their communities while gaining valuable work experience and learning about nonprofits in Connecticut.
Become a Service Site
ConnectiCorps Service sites are nonprofits that provide services in food security, housing/shelter, antipoverty or other related service areas. Sites host Service Members at no cost but must provide daily supervision of Members placed at the organization. In turn, Members provide hundreds of service hours to increase your organization’s capacity.
ConnectiCorps Service Sites
- Adelbrook, Cromwell
- Alliance for Living, New London
- Auerfarm, Bloomfield
- Community Child Guidance Clinic, Manchester
- Community Health Center, Middletown
- Community Health & Wellness Center, Torrington
- Covenant Soup Kitchen, Willimantic
- Downtown Evening Soup Kitchen, New Haven
- East End NRZ Pop Up Market & Café, Bridgeport
- Family Life Education, Hartford
- Foodshare, Bloomfield
- Friends of Keney Park, Hartford
- Groundwork Bridgeport, Bridgeport
- Hands on Hartford, Hartford
- Hartford Area Habitat for Humanity, Hartford
- Horizons, Windham
- Independence Northwest, Naugatuck
- McCall Center for Behavioral Health, Torrington
- New Britain ROOTS, New Britain
- Open Door Shelter, Norwalk
- Red Cross, Bridgeport
- Safe Futures, New London
- The House of Bread, Hartford
- Urban Community Alliance, New Haven
- Urban League of Greater Hartford, Hartford
Get Social With The Alliance
Connect with us on our social media. For frequent updates, be sure to follow and like us on all of our platforms below. You’ll see postings about our latest campaigns, events, and news.
Act Now! Contact Your Legislator
Tell legislators to add $461 million to community nonprofits! Email your legislators today to ask that they increase funding for community nonprofits by $461 million over five years.
Board of Directors
Policy & Advocacy
News and Media
A Voice in Washington DC
Shaping Policy & Public Opinion
75 Charter Oak Avenue,
Suite 1 – 100
Hartford, CT 06106-1903
35 Cold Spring Road,
Rocky Hill, CT 06067