Implementer § 80 — Community Gun Violence Intervention and Prevention Program
The bill requires DPH to establish a community gun violence intervention and prevention program to do the following:
- fund and support the growth of evidenced-informed, community-centric community violence and gun violence prevention and intervention programs in the state;
- strengthen partnerships among the community and state and federal agencies involved in community violence prevention and intervention;
- collect timely data on firearm-involved injuries and deaths and make the data publicly available;
- evaluate the effectiveness of the violence and prevention strategies the program implements;
- determine community-level needs by engaging with communities impacted by gun violence; and
- secure state, federal, and other funds to reduce community gun violence.
The bill requires the DPH commissioner to annually report, starting by January 1, 2023, to the Public Health Committee on the program’s activities during the preceding 12 months.
Get Social With The Alliance
Connect with us on our social media. For frequent updates, be sure to follow and like us on all of our platforms below. You’ll see postings about our latest campaigns, events, and news.
Act Now! Contact Your Legislator
Tell legislators to add $461 million to community nonprofits! Email your legislators today to ask that they increase funding for community nonprofits by $461 million over five years.